[argyllcms] Re: ColorMunki: 'Hardware Failure' (Read a number of bytes not a multiple of 274)

  • From: "Xavi" <aruiz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 20:43:37 +0200

Hi.

I have a recently purchased Colormunki and I have used it a lot, due to a
unsolved problem that I don't know if the reason is my inks, paper, printer
drivers, me, etc., and I haven't received this message.

After reading your email message I have read some patches very very slow and
I cannot receive your "hardware error" message.

The only error message that I receive sometimes is (too many patches) but
the reason is that I started to read beeing the CM over a printed patched
instead of a not printed zone.

Also my firmware verssion is eactly the same  as yours:

Firmware version:  288
Chip ID:           01-ea1f0c150000a5
Version string:    'colormunki FW V1.32  Build Nr. 1303'
Calibration Ver.:  6

I hope that it must help you to find the reason why you receive the error
message.

As Graeme Gill commmented you could be a HW issue as the USB port or a
hardware error of your unit. Have you tested your unit on another USB port
or on another computer?

Best Regards,
Xavi.