[argyllcms] ColorMunki: 'Hardware Failure' (Read a number of bytes not a multiple of 274)

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 20:09:24 +0200

Hi,

Lately I've been experiencing the following error while using my
ColorMunki (with chartread):

Strip read failed due unexpected error :'Hardware Failure' (Read a
number of bytes not a multiple of 274)

My suspicion is that this happens when I move the Munki too slowly
over the paper/patches. Can anybody confirm this?

If yes, this could possibly be considered a minor usability issue...
Adding a message "Please try moving the instrument faster across the
patches" could be very helpful :)

If no, might this be due to the fact I'm still using an early firmware?:

Firmware version:  288
Version string:    'colormunki FW V1.32  Build Nr. 1303'

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn