[argyllcms] Re: Color management in google chrome

  • From: "Andreas F.X. Siegert" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 17:09:39 +0200

on 03.05.2012 19:44 Chris Lilley said the following:
> On Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 4:39:17 PM, Andreas wrote:
>
> AFXS> On 01.05.2012 14:28, Magnus Berg wrote:
>
>>> I have done that - both directly in about:config and with the plug-in -
>>> many times but still no success. Here is a screenshot showing hove it
>>> looks in Geeqie versus Firefox:
>>> http://magnus.burgsvik.se/files/Colortest.png The original picture can
>>> be seen here: http://www.ronnotramper.com/lambs/slide01.html
>
> AFXS> That profile and firefox do not work well together.
> AFXS> Use a matrix+Gamma profile and try again.
>
> Andreas, I extracted the ICC profile and its the standard, HP sRGB profile.
Chris, the comment was about his posted monitor profile, not the image profile.

I used his monitor profile on my machine and ended up with different
rendering in FF than in AfterShot or geeqie.
With my own monitor profile the rendering is basically identical, that's why
I think his profile is not suitable for FF.

> I think instead that the problem is that in Gimp, the sRGB profile has been
> assigned rather than the image data being concverted from some wider gamut
> (AdobeRGB?) to sRGB.

Might be... But I doubt it. As the other apps also share the problem.

cheers
afx
--
http://afximages.com/