[argyllcms] Re: Color errors on < 100% stimulus

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 19:53:32 +0200

Yes, HCFR supports multi-point primary/secundary color gradient
readings. I forgot about that.
I guess that's more likely for benchmark/validation purposes than
something you should base your calibration on. (But it could be a good
solution if it works for you.)

By the way, I am trying to find somebody who is intereated in HDTV
calibration and good in Java+HTML programming.
With some small changes, the profile validation feature of DispcalGUI
could serve as a great tool for that.
It's already usable for TVs with HSL color space and 2p grayscale
controls and you can also guess RGB color settings from the HSL errors
but it's hard to guess RGB settings for the 10/20p grayscale controls
from HSL errors (or is it...? May be it's only hard for me...). So a
few indicators (RGB balance graphs) could make the process easier,
more convenient and faster.