[argyllcms] Re: Color errors on < 100% stimulus

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 15:08:09 +0100

XYZ and Lab profiles can do that.
But you need to measure a lot of points and there is a big problem
with plasma: Average Brightness Limiter. It rescales the gradient,
causing tonal response and other color fluctuations. You can't correct
for that.
If you profile your display with small windows patterns, those will
measure nicely through the profile evaluation but you will get high
errors with bigger window sizes using the same profile.
It would require a huge and power-hungry 4D LUT processing to correct
for that (built from an insane amount of measurements).