[argyllcms] Re: Color Space error with scanner profile

  • From: Geert Janssens <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 21:02:27 +0100

Hi,

I ran into this problem as well when I first tried to use xsane's color
management.

See http://www.freelists.org/archives/argyllcms/06-2008/msg00005.html and
following about the very same topic.

I never managed to solve the error. As I figured it the problem was not with
the rgb input profile but with the greyscale profile (or the lack thereof).

I came to that conclusion as follows:
* Start xsane -> error message
* Change the color mode to Gray -> error message
* Change the color mode back to color -> no error

You can continue this. Each time you perform an action that needs the
grayscale profile, an error occurs.

The error at startup is probably because xsane tries to load all the profiles
at startup, which includes the greyscale one.

The odd thing is, no matter what I did with the grayscale profile setting, I
couldn't make the error go away. I had set a grayscale profile, but the error
remained. Not setting a grayscale profile didn't change that.

Read the full thread for more details.

Regards,

Geert

--