[argyllcms] Re: Color Space error with scanner profile

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 05:23:08 +1100

Marco Presi wrote:
The profile (LUT based, created with -u flag) was created correctly
(i.e., no errors). After that, I set xsane to use the profile, but as
xsane starts, the following error message is displayed:

lcms: Error #12288; Input profile is operating on wrong colorspace

Sounds like xsane has a bug in its use of lcms, or a limitation.
Another possibility is that xsane or lcms is confused by the
presence of a B2A tag.

By using iccdump on the scanner icc profile, I noticed that the
colorspace is RGB, but the coordinates are Lab, while the sRGB icm file
specifies RGB as colorspace and XYZ coordinates. Could this be the
problem?

Possibly, but both XYZ and Lab are valid choices for PCS according to
the ICC spec.

You could try changing the PCS to XYZ using the -a flag
(ie. -ax) to see if this is the problem.

If the B2A tag is the problem, try using -bn.