[argyllcms] Color Space error with scanner profile

  • From: Marco Presi <marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:09:25 +0100

Hi all,

I tried to create a scanner color profile by using an IT8.7/2 chart. I
followed the procedure shown in the on-line documentation.

The profile (LUT based, created with -u flag) was created correctly
(i.e., no errors). After that, I set xsane to use the profile, but as
xsane starts, the following error message is displayed:

lcms: Error #12288; Input profile is operating on wrong colorspace

By using iccdump on the scanner icc profile, I noticed that the
colorspace is RGB, but the coordinates are Lab, while the sRGB icm file
specifies RGB as colorspace and XYZ coordinates. Could this be the
problem?

I used Argyll-1.0.3 (32-bit binary version). My system is a Debian
GNU/Linux (sid)

Regards

Marco