[argyllcms] Re: Color Management under Linux and Screensavers

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 11:01:16 +1000

Andreas Schrell wrote:
I am using gnome with the gnome-screensaver and dispwin to set up my
colors. When the screensaver was active and I return to the desktop he
color management is gone or mangled by the screensaver.
Do you know any possibility to put a dispwin call right after the
screensaver or the return to desktop?

Sorry, No, this is outside my range of expertise. It sounds
like the screensaver is clobbering the Video Luts. If this is
in fact what's going on, perhaps you should contact the screensaver
authors and ask them to fix their code so that it saves the
existing Video Lut contents, and restores it again when
the screensaver releases the desktop ?

Where does the screensaver come from ?