[argyllcms] Re: Choosing a LCD monitor

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:42:25 -0400

Frédéric,

My biggest complaint about any LCD monitor is vertical viewing angle, it's
got to be well polarized otherwise it's a pain in the neck having to figure
out where to optimally look for color accuracy. My Samsung SyncMaster 245BW
has a poor viewing angle. I paid 500$ cd for it in winter 08. It's now
selling for 350$. In comparison, the 245T is a beauty. Perfectly polarized
horizontally and vertically. It's a little more money but I believe it is
not more expensive than the Dell 2407WFP-HC.

According to this link:

> http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_2407wfp-hc.htm

it is a S-PVA panel, meaning better polarized than my crappy 245BW.

We have a Dell 24" LCD monitor at work *and* it is well polarized too --
breaks my heart. It looks the same as the one at the above link so it could
be the same model, but I'm not 100% sure.

At Dell.ca, they don't list the 2407WFP-HC anymore.

>http://accessories.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=ca&category_id=6761&cs=cadhs1&l
=en&s=dhs

They either have the Ultrasharp 2408WFP @ 600$ cdn (which I would not
hesitate to buy now) and the E248WFP @ 450$ cdn.

For comparison, the Samsung 245T, in Canada, can be ordered here

> http://www.directdial.com/LS24HUCEBQ/XAA.html

For 658$.

So, I you want to buy a Dell, I think you could safely go with the 2408WFP.

Bon succès!

Roger Breton