[argyllcms] Chartread mode

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:56:43 +0300

There is online switch between strip and patch-by-patch mode needed. My
instrument is Eye-One Pro.
In some cases I have to measure a complex targets. For example the targets with
damaged surface or with unpredictable behavior of print process but without
spacers between patches (some materials are very expensive). In such cases most
samples are readable in strip mode, but several strips are not. In such cases I
have to read all charts in patch-by-patch mode. If the number of patches as
high as 200 or more, spot reading is a problem.
In other cases, after successful strip reading, I have a scruples - the
instrument ruler was misplaced and Eye-One may take neighbor strip patches by
device aperture. So, I want to repeat this strip. But if the chartread decide
the strip successful, I can't repeat the strip I doubt.

In all cases I'll be happy to press "patch-by-patch" switch key on keyboard,
select the patches needed with keys "back" and "forward", read difficult
patches spot-by-spot and switch back to strip mode.
Another useful feature may be the keys "back" and "forward" in strip mode.

I'm not familiar with programming and have no chance to rewrite and compile
chartread myself...