[argyllcms] Re: Chartread error

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 11:46:11 +1100

John Thompson wrote:

Hi,

> Loaded Argyll_V1.6.3
> Windows 7 64bit system
> Monitor calibration went without a hitch.
> Having trouble measuring charts with Colormunki.

Were you using the ColorMunki for the display profiling ?

> Will read OK until misread, then retry fails with "communication problem"
> error.

> Strip read filed due to unexpected error: Hardware Failure, Rea a number of
> bytes not a multiple of 274.

That seems like a HW problem of some sort. If you are able to, try:

* A different USB port/hub
* A different USB lead
* A different computer

If none of that helps, please email _me_ with the log
output with -D7, i.e.

   chartread -D7 ..other options, files.. 2> log.txt