[argyllcms] Re: Centralize the definition to use UCMM

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:32:51 +1000

Richard Hughes wrote:
Fedora doesn't ship the ucmm support in the argyll package. The
attached patch reduces the distro patch to a single line, and would
make my life a bit easier if it was merged upstream. Please consider.
Thanks.

This will be in V1.2.0, but I'm not at all happy about the functionality
being removed. It's a vital step to be able to set the X11 profile atom,
so that applications can be aware of the profile.

You don't have to use it (simply don't invoke dispwin -I/-L/-U, use
some other utility), but it should be there. I hope there is a prominent
notice with the the Fedora package, pointing out the removed functionality,
and pointing out how to get a genuine Argyll install.