[argyllcms] Re: Capture video card gamma LUT to ICC profile

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 18:41:59 +1100

Benjamin Shadwick wrote:
> I have successfully followed your first step to dump the current LUT to a
> .cal file, but I'm not sure how to invoke dispread and colprof to do what
> you describe. Specifically, dispread wants more parameters than just -k
> filename.cal. Can you provide more details?

dispread reads the display values using an instrument.
See <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Scenarios.html#PM3>

> Nikolay:
>
> I don't understand your instructions for using fakeread on the output of
> targen. Fakeread seems to want 2 files in addition to the .cal file
> specified for the -k parameter.

You need to go though a similar proceedure to profiling
a display: Create a set of test values (.ti1) file
than used fakeread instead of dispread.

Look at the documentation for each utility to get further
information on the required parameters.