[argyllcms] Re: Capture video card gamma LUT to ICC profile

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 18:01:50 +1100

Benjamin Shadwick wrote:
> I've used a software calibration utility called CLTest to generate a set of
> LUT/gamma ramps that bring my cheap TN monitor closer to accurate sRGB, and
> I would like to get that into an ICC profile so that I can have Windows 7
> apply it as a system-wide LUT instead of having to depend on various
> utilities to keep it uploaded into the video card for me.

I'm not sure if it's quite what you want, but you can save the current
cLUT using "dispwin -s filename.cal", and then feed that into
dispread (dispread -k filename.cal ...) then colprof to
create a profile that does what you want.

There isn't a tool to set the vcgt tag on an existing profile, but you
could fake it using fakeread then dispread using an existing profile.

> Being able to dump the video card's current gamma ramp LUT into an ICC
> profile would allow users to create custom profiles using any number of
> software calibration tools that don't have native support for exporting to
> that format.

Hmm. "Custom Profile" ? Have you read this:
<http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/calvschar.html> ?
Where is the actual profile information going to come from ?
(ie. the display characterisation ?)