[argyllcms] Re: Capture One Profiles, comment on Cruse comment.

  • From: "Matthew H. Owens" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 14:41:24 -0700

The printer gamut, and limitations of various rips... How the original image is
translated... This is always the challenge.  Fundamentally how the Cruse system
differs from photography is just about everything is tightly controlled.  Much
higher true image quality is possible with the Cruse over cameras.  Our lowest
resolution 60 x 96 scans at true 245 ppi optical, with all the oversampling and
the evenness of the lighting.

I believe I completely get where you are coming from on this.  No worries, I am
a trained observer, a scholar by nature.  My opinion aside from how I feel
about it is truly irrelevant when I make judgement calls.   My aim is to serve
others and provide solutions to those with challenging issues, in whatever it
is I do.  My background is in industrial automation integration and factory
floor process management...  Always enjoy your posts by the way, the challenges
or photography, the physics of lighting, along with how software and hardware
come together to make fabulous stuff happen.  To the thinkers of the imaging
world, I applaud your creativity on a daily basis!!! I love reading this list.

Matthew H. Owens
Founder
Druidian Archival Service
www.druidian.org