[argyllcms] Re: Cannot get calibration/profiling toyieldgoodresults, user error?

  • From: "Karl H. Beckers" <karl.h.beckers@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:57:35 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 04.01.2009, 02:40 +0300 schrieb Nikolay Pokhilchenko:
> [...] As I check, Your display have gamut only 338k cubic colorspace units.
> For example, my rather poor laptop display have 465k cubic units gamut.
> You have to use the native white point and native or true-hardware regulated
> brightness to achieve maximum gamut. In any case You can't use such weak by
> its colors display with the other displays simultaneously in Your sight.
> IMHO, try to get the best of possible from this display standalone.

Native settings on my laptop are little better. Turns out I get better
results on my old CRT even if it means I have to leave the whitepoint to
its native rather blueish value to get decent brightness/contrast.

Here I get:
Total volume of gamut is 811361.751092 cubic colorspace units

That with perceptual gamut mapping looks about usable until I get a new
monitor.

Thanks all for your help,

Karl.