[argyllcms] Re: Cannot get calibration/profiling to yield good results, user error?

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 13:18:29 +0000

Hi :)

Karl H. Beckers wrote:

yes, gimp gives me the prompt for what to do with the embedded profile,
and I kept it. Also, I don't think it's a problem with gimp and the
image, because I'm also in this situation with pics straight out of my
DSLR as sRGB RAW via uraw. I was only giving this test image to provide
a more easily reproducible test.

Does the grey sweep at the bottom of your test image look OK? Does it change significantly with or without the profile applied?

I've not had a chance to play with dispcalGUI myself - does it leave behind the temporary files used by Argyll? Specifically, does it leave a .ti3 file and a .cal file? If so, if you'd like to send those to me, along with the monitor profile you've generated, I'll take a quick look at them, see if I can spot the problem :)

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson