[argyllcms] Re: Can Eye-one Pro failure the calibration?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 23:09:06 +1100

Sam Berry wrote:
have a storage scope or similar device to give you proper numbers. I do know
that PVA displays can take can take a long time (100ms+) to fall to black.
Given the 60ms delay through the frame buffers this is 160ms. CRTs also show
significant persistance after reverting from high brightness. The bulk is
dropped of after only a few ms, but a trail remains for several hundred ms.

Hmm. That's certainly a lot slower (an order of magnitude!) than the
headline response times for LCD displays.

Given the small increase in total measuring time, I would suggest 200ms as a
more conservative margin.

Yes, maybe that's needed to be safe. It does start to impact overall measurement
time though (10 - 20% of the time will be settling time).