[argyllcms] Re: Camera profiling?

  • From: "Guy K. Kloss" <G.Kloss@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:29:58 +1200

On Wed, 28 May 2008 9:43:01 am Ben Goren wrote:
> Ah, well. Perhaps I'll try again if I can find a ColorChecker SG to
> borrow.

You may want to have a look at the charts by Christophe Métairie Photographie
[1]. The "DigitaL TargeT 003" with 285 colour patches is made as a
replacement for the pricey GretagMacbeth Digital ColorChecker SG for digital
photography. And it costs only EUR 92, so it is significantly cheaper. It is
printed in a non-glare way, so it would get rid of some of your glare issues.

Together with cameras I've also used the Wolf Faust C1 target [2] for a bit.
Otherwise excellent, and for an even better price (EUR 25). But I'm getting
quite some glare issues with that one as well under many conditions, so it's
much more sensitive in handling.

Hope that helps,

Guy

[1] http://www.christophe-metairie-photographie.com
[2] http://www.targets.coloraid.de/
--
Guy K. Kloss
Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences