[argyllcms] Re: Camera matrix profile, adding ti3 perfect white data set

  • From: "Iliah Borg" <ib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:56:08 -0500

Dear Klaus,

> > For more complex profiles the only method that I know
> > working is projecting the rainbow from a diffraction
> > grating onto the sensor.
>
> Sounds exciting to me. Can you give us further details
> (e.g. how to obtain the target values)?

The simplest method is to sandwich the grating with an
aperture (narrow slit), to read the opening with a
spectrophotometer, and to expose; next, to move the
aperture and repeat. Adding some stepper to move the
aperture in a consistent and repeatable way does not hurt.
This way all the readings can be done in advance, given the
light source is suitable. In essence the automation is a
rework of a desktop scanner. Multi-aperture schemes usually
faster but less accurate.

--
Best regards,
Iliah Borg