[argyllcms] Re: Camera matrix profile, adding ti3 perfect white data set

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:04:47 +0100

Graeme Gill wrote:
> In the next release I've added a new option "colprof -am" to create
> a matrix only profile (ie. gamma = 1.0),

Graeme, I think even a more general matrix + fixed (user specified)
gamma model may be useful. I think e.g. of Vuescan, which uses an
explicit gamma 2.2 encoding when storing raw files with 8-bits/channel
(16-bit raw files are basically stored as linear RGB, but I think they
not supported in the cheaper variants of the software, so some users
have to live with scan files having an explicit gamma 2.2 encoding, but
which are still "raw" otherwise).

Regards,
Gerhard