[argyllcms] Re: Camera matrix profile, adding ti3 perfect white data set

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:01:16 +1100

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
behavior of the camera with a matrix-only model. IMO it may indeed make
sense not to attempt to fit the flare in the measurements, but rather
use a more constrained model which rather prevents fitting the flare,
because flare depends on the captured scene, having a different
intensity and color at each pixel of the image. The way how the RGB

So in principle the normal models will attempt to model and therefore
remove flare captured in the scene, although the flare removal
may not be terribly accurate.

In the next release I've added a new option "colprof -am" to create
a matrix only profile (ie. gamma = 1.0), since it may be useful
for calibrating raw input devices where the sensor linearity
can be assumed, and it's not desirable to remove flare :-)

I also notice that there is a bug in V1.1.0 for matrix input
profiles where the correct white point value is not being written
(this bug was introduced in adding support for the XYZ cLUT
display + matrix profile type).