[argyllcms] Re: Camera calibration: LUT only as good as matrix?

  • From: Iliah Borg <iliah.i.borg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 11:20:05 -0400

Hi Edmund,

On Jul 4, 2013, at 11:14 AM, edmund ronald wrote:

> Of course I have little to say in such august company

We are still in july ;)

> , but my practical experience with camera profiling in days long past leads
> me to believe that camera linearity is not a big problem these days with the
> high-end  equipment and stately shooting speed people in art repro will be
> using.

Have you looked at the comparison of how a camera follows a matrix profile
depending on the light spectrum?
 From one of my previous,
" A ColorChecker SG card, shot with D4 under halogen lights, first time no
filter on lens, second time with B&W KB15 (80A) color conversion filter on the
lens. Matrix profiles were calculated from both shots, for delta E 2000 reports
see .csv files in http://cl.ly/3x3F0D2p0e3K/D4_16-35_SG_Halogen_dE2000.zip";

--
Best regards,
Iliah Borg