[argyllcms] Re: Camera Profiling using ArgyllCMS

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 23:24:24 +0300

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
> The following archive should contain everything of interest:
> http://files.pcode.nl/temp/argyll/canon_eos400d_testcase.zip

Where are the real images (not only the test chart)? How can we comment
naturalness without natural images ? :)
Have You check the profiles gamuts? As I can see, lprof profile have maximum
gamut comparing the other two. As far as I know, the best profile will be the
profile with minimal gamut. So the most balanced, weighted profile will be
profilemaker.
You have a rather few data patches for 33 CLUT points profile. Moreover, the
patches spread of IT8.7/2 in color space isn't optimal for CLUT profiling. IMHO.
Of course, lprof gives minimal error for your data, but it's because of
excessive tight CLUT optimization. I suspect high errors for other colors than
measured in *.ti3.
Another problem - the dark patches (particularly gray scale) are very noisy and
they have a little difference each from other, at level of 1-2 of 255.