[argyllcms] Re: Camera LUT profile for painting reproduction

  • From: Niccolò Belli <darkbasic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 11:38:36 +0100

On mercoledì 27 gennaio 2016 23:23:31 CET, Brad Funkhouser wrote:

Unless I'm missing something that's more complicated in what you're trying to do?

I think you didn't miss anything. The custom illuminant spectral data from the location would be useful when both the location and the viewing illuminant will be the same, otherwise it's better to avoid CAT at all and print using the absolute intent instead (because both the camera's profile and the printer's one will be at D50 and the painting's gamut will be well covered by the printer's one).

Niccolò