[argyllcms] Calibration request while profiling bug

  • From: Steve Winter <steviewunda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 14:51:49 +1200

Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@...> writes:

> 10 Feb. 2014, 14:47 +11:00 Graeme Gill wrote:Ilya Dedinsky wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for your report.
> > During calibration process (iteration 4) dispcal asked me to re-calibrate instrument.
> > Here is dispcal message:
> Hmm. There are a couple of bugs here. One is that (currentl) Argyll shouldn't > ask for instrument calibration during display calibration or profiling.Can confirm the bug in dispread. I've tried to read the display of the Android device by 1.6.3 dispread in web server mode. Instrument EyeOne Pro. Dispread executable was loaded from site. I've tried my own MinGW compilled 1.6.2 dispread - the same result - it asks a calibration in the middle of display reading process.The other (as you note) is that it doesn't give you a chance to position > the instrument back on the display afterwards.Confirming too for dispread. While display instrument calibraton was asked and the calibration performed the patches continued the changing before I press any key or moved the instrument onto the display.Dispread 1.6.2 by MinGW the same behaviour.> Is this behavior is normal, or may be better to pause dispcal until correct re-positioning
> > of the instrument on the screen?
> This will be fixed in the next release. Let me know if you need a fix sooner than
> that.
> Graeme Gill.
>
> Николай Похильченко

Hi Graham,
I'm experiencing the same problem (as above) on 1.6.3 for Windows using an i1Pro Rev D and Dispcalgui 2.5. I'm asked to calibrate during iteration 3 when profiling - I saw that someone had worked around this by setting the profile quality to medium, but that doesn't work for me. Any suggestions? And thanks for your amazing work in making this software available to us.
Cheers
Steve Winter