[argyllcms] Re: Calibration + profiling or Profiling only

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 01:44:39 +0200

I don't know if you want to watch the movies on a Windows box. If that's
the case I can recommend Media Player Classic - Home Cinema:
stable:
http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/
here you can find the latest builds:
http://www.xvidvideo.ru/media-player-classic-home-cinema-x86-x64/

As far as I know it's the only video player that is color management
aware (detects/supports the display profile of the primary monitor) and
thus can display the colors correct.

This is very nice, I didn't know about it yet (well I know and use MPC-HC, but the ICC support definitely was news for me, seems it was added only a few weeks ago - I used to use the pixel shaders to do a simple matrix and gamma correction before, and at some point in the past I even wondered if I should add support to create such a shader to dispcalGUI :)). Apparently they use lcms2 for the color conversion engine. Just tried it, works very well. Thanks for the info!

Regards
--
Florian Höch