[argyllcms] Re: Calibration + profiling or Profiling only

  • From: Raphael Weniger <raphaelw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:48:54 +0200

Hi,

Am 11.09.2010 20:44, schrieb János, Tóth F.:
And after all of these things, I still need gamut correction. I think it
is a very complex job, so the gamma and white balance are also takes
place in this game. (They all have to be handled together to keep the
desired characteristics.)

I don't know if you want to watch the movies on a Windows box. If that's the case I can recommend Media Player Classic - Home Cinema:
stable:
http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/
here you can find the latest builds:
http://www.xvidvideo.ru/media-player-classic-home-cinema-x86-x64/

As far as I know it's the only video player that is color management aware (detects/supports the display profile of the primary monitor) and thus can display the colors correct.

Concerning the different solutions. I use the first common/usual one. But it's an interesting question...

Best regards
Raphael