[argyllcms] Re: Calibration and profiling of wide format solvent printer

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:46:30 +1100

Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:

> From my experience the targen and colprof don't hold the
> limits very tight. The last is better, but not very sharp. You may get up to
> 20% (if
> I've remembered correctly) overflow with targen and up to 5..12% with colprof.

Hi,
        I'd be interested in any such examples, as I'm not aware of either tool
overflowing the set ink limits by much. Colprof does limit B2A only node values
-
it doesn't attempt to evaluate or limit the total of interpolated combinations
of
device ink values. This should only become a problem if the separation is very
non-smooth, in which case you have more severe problems than ink limits.