[argyllcms] Re: Calibration + Profiling interaction

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:36:26 +1000

Simon ANTIBES wrote:
Aside from using this information to set up the display profile name,

do the profile-only process use the calibration "settings" such as
gamma 2.2, L*, D50, D65 etc.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Perhaps it's
a DispCalGUI thing ?

Normally the name is purely informative (ie. it's for the human,
not the software).

As I rephrase this : is the profile-only process
depending ONLY on the hardware state of the display ?

Yes. The profile is a result of processing the measured values.