[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating display in VMWARE

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 01:45:37 +1000

edmund ronald wrote:
I was having some issues reading the screen with Linux under VMware,
hosted by Mac.
It might be a good idea to have a debug set of binaries so people can
mail in fault traces.
I cannot easily compile stuff on the barebones distributions I run on,
but I can certainly get diagnostic output.

The diagnostic output (dispwin -E, or dispcal/dispread -D) is pretty
close to the same as compiling with DEBUG turned on.

In general I'd avoid trying to run color management software
under VM's, as all too often the emulation of displays and USB
access does not have the necessary fidelity.