[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating a MacBook with a DTP94B

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 13:27:53 +1000

Steffen Sachse wrote:

> My main monitor is an Eizo S2431W with a close to sRGB gamut which I’ve been
> calibrating and profiling with my DTP94. With the addition of a late 2013
> Macbook
> (which also has a close to sRGB gamut, but possibly different backlight
> technology), I
> was wondering if there was any sense to doing the same here at all. Will the
> results be
> useful in any significant manner or will my trusty DTP94B just measure
> „garbage“
> without specific ccmx files or device calibration?

Hi,
        it won't be "garbage", but it's not possible to know how accurate
it would be without a lot of technical information (spectra of the display,
spectral sensitivity of the DTP94, calibration matrix it is using).

It's far simpler to try it and see if the result looks acceptable. If
the display is not a wide gamut one, then there is at least the possibility
that it will work OK.