[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating SED flat screen

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:55:29 +1100

Frédéric wrote:

What kind of screen are you using ? CRT, or TFT ? I've read on forums that TFT are now better than CRT (larger gammut, better time life...). But what about price ?

My main display is a very unexceptional, getting old Hitachi 21" CRT. The only LCD I've got is the one on my Apple Powerbook. The budget has been a little constrained around here lately!

I did play with some of the EIZO LCD displays a while ago, and they
certainly struck me as being of very high quality, and correspondingly
expensive.