[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating N-Vidia Dual Display

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 03:02:46 +1100

Kyle Brandt wrote:
I am wondering are there any workarounds for calibrating both monitors?  For
instance, can I disable one of the monitors, restart X, calibrate that one,
and then disable that one, restart X, and then calibrate the other one.
Then, enable both, and they will both be calibrated, or does it not work
like that?

Hi,
        no it doesn't work that way, because access is needed to
the VideoLUTs to install the calibration curves every time
the system starts.

The best you can do is calibrate and profile your primary display,
and just profile your secondary display. If you are running
color aware applications then the color should be managed
correctly on your secondary display, although you will be unable
to change things like it's white point, brightness etc. using
calibration on that display.