[argyllcms] Re: CRT controls

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 00:48:41 +1100

Roger Breton wrote:
You need to set yourself some numerical targets. Like 90 to 100 cd/m2 for
the white and 0.30 to 1.00 cd/m2 for the black.

The target values for black are the 1% values.

On a related note, if I repeat the black level portion of dispcal it
wants me to go lower with each iteration despite meeting it's target
each time. Is this just trying to get to a level of 0 limited by the
default -k factor? Is there a level I should be aiming for short of
pure black?

I'm not sure about this, as I haven't observer it myself. I would
expect some interaction between brightness and contrast (offset and gain)
controls. Does the black level vary much ? Is the change getting
less each time around ?

The pragmatic thing is simply to stop after one or two iterations,
probably after the black adjustment, since it is likely to be more
critical.