[argyllcms] CRT controls

  • From: "Rhys Evans" <rhys.evans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 19:07:11 +1300

On an IBM P275 I have controls for contrast, brightness, individual
RGB contrast and individual RGB brightness. Of the individual
controls, which is equivalent to RGB gain & offset in dispcal? And
what are the best practise settings to begin tuning the calibration
from? For example the general controls usually are max contrast and
minimum brightness.

On a related note, if I repeat the black level portion of dispcal it
wants me to go lower with each iteration despite meeting it's target
each time. Is this just trying to get to a level of 0 limited by the
default -k factor? Is there a level I should be aiming for short of
pure black?