[argyllcms] Re: CMP Digital Target 3 (not 003)

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 10:49:43 +1100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

However I was also looking for some comments about what to invest in...

I'd like to hear your opinion on the target designs, and what is expected
to have the best results with Argyll.

It depends a bit on what sort of profiles you want to build.
If you are building shaper/matrix profiles and they model your
device well, then a smallish number of patches won't be such
a limitation. If you're building cLUT based profiles, then you
can never have too many patches.

The other considerations are:

        Gamut. How big a gamut & dynamic range does it cover ?
        Evenness and fill. Are the test patches reasonable even,
               and do they fill the space. Are there gaps ?
               What is the density ?
        Accuracy. How accurate are the reference values ?

I'm not sure about the best way of making these evaluations though.