[argyllcms] Re: CMP Digital Target 3 (not 003)

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 20:11:09 +0300

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

> CMP's Digital Target 3 seems designed for digital camera's, and remains
> somewhat affordable at less than 100EUR:
>
> http://www.cmp-color.fr/eng%20digital%20target.html
>
> However, as far as I can see only the Digital Target 003 is supported by
> Argyll. I also noticed scanin has an option to generate a CHT file, but as I
> understand that still needs work then.
>
> Can anybody comment on the quality of the CMP DT3 target?
>
> And maybe someone else already made a cht file for it?
>
> Regards,
> Pascal de Bruijn

I've done the cht-file from the image on http://www.cmp-color.fr/eng digital
target.html (the scan I suppose). I've manually "draw" the target in .cht text
file by analogy with Argyll printtarg .cht. In addition I fill the EXPECTED
values in .cht. It seems to me the result isn't bad.
I think the scan on cmp-color site is rather correct to allow scanin determine
the real chart orientation.

Here You can view the example of chart recognition

http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/nikolay_po/tech/s-899.jpg

The chart image from laptop display was taken by camera in AdobeRGB1998 color
space and successfully recognized by scanin with help of this .cht file.