[argyllcms] Re: CLUT input profiles and extrapolation (blackpoint, ...)

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:02:02 +1100

Klaus Karcher wrote:
When I create a CLUT profile with "colprof -u -qh" I get a neutral axis
like this (xicclu -fb):
<http://digitalproof.info/argyll/virtualScanner/xicclu_-g_-ia_-fb_ppc.spd.test_765_1.png>

Hi Klaus,
        I notice that the XYZ cLUT extrapolation is better than Lab, but not
quite
as smooth (perhaps the smoothness needs bumping up for XYZ cLUTs for some
reason.)

I had a fiddle with the code, and this is the result:
<http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_dev_src.zip>.

For cLUT input profiles with the -u flag, it creates a device black and white
point,
with PCS value derived from a gamma/matrix model.

See what you think.

Graeme.