[argyllcms] Re: Blue goes purple

  • From: Edgar Scholz <hipescho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 20:44:03 +0200

Does this mean that

-  manually saturating blues makes them go purple

or

- blues which are real suddenly look purple?

Edmund

The blue really has a purple touch without saturating manually

Have you double checked this with gimp or any other cms enabled photo
software? I have the strange feeling that colour management in digikam
and showfoto does not fit the one in gimp.

Martin

Yes, I double checked this with other software

This effect can be seen with gimp and with darktable too. And it is visible on all photos with intensive blue tones. I took a testimage from the web with definied colors and mesured the RGB-values in gimp with the pipette: I mesured the testfield of blue with: 0,0,254. Disabling colormanagement in gimp, it really looks like blue. Enabling colormanagement the color looks like 53,0,202, that´s blue with a visible purple touch.
I don´t know, what´s going wrong.

Edgar