[argyllcms] Re: Blue goes purple

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 21:58:55 +0200

Hi,

Am 28.06.2011 21:44, schrieb Edgar Scholz:
Sorry, It seems, that I have forgotten to say, that the problem is solved.

In many cases, the reason for such a problem is sitting half a meter in
front of the screen. This time too, the reason of the problem was me.

I told dispcalGui to build a profile, not realizing, that darktable
cannot manage LUT-based-profiles very well. The profile, generated with
the default settings of discalGui, made a matrix with R and G swapped.
That was the reason for the wrong colors.

By the way: In my eyes, this settng as default in dispcalgui is a little
bit unhappy for a normal user, who only wants to build a running
icc-profile (Sorry Florian)

Oops :) Actually I didn't think that by 'purple' you meant "really purple". I was rather thinking of a tinge in that direction. Oh well. Btw, the LUT profile type is normally not the default in dispcalGUI, it's only used with the "Photo/Prepress" presets. The defaults are pretty much the same as in Argyll if you don't specify any options. But I'll probably change the default profile type (back) to Shaper+Matrix for those presets, as the support for LUT profiles in most applications seems mediocre at best :(

Regards
--
Florian Höch