[argyllcms] Re: Blue goes purple

  • From: Edgar Scholz <hipescho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 21:44:58 +0200

Am 28.06.2011 04:30, schrieb Graeme Gill:
Edgar Scholz wrote:
I tried both, Argyll 1.3.2 and Argyll 1.3.3, both with the same effect.
I tried dispcalGUI and I tried GCM, always with the same effect: Blue
looks like purple.

Where is my fault? What can I do?

Hi,
    without something concrete to go on (like profiles +
a workflow that demonstrates the problem), it's hard to say.

Graeme Gill.

Sorry, It seems, that I have forgotten to say, that the problem is solved.

In many cases, the reason for such a problem is sitting half a meter in front of the screen. This time too, the reason of the problem was me.

I told dispcalGui to build a profile, not realizing, that darktable cannot manage LUT-based-profiles very well. The profile, generated with the default settings of discalGui, made a matrix with R and G swapped. That was the reason for the wrong colors.

By the way: In my eyes, this settng as default in dispcalgui is a little bit unhappy for a normal user, who only wants to build a running icc-profile (Sorry Florian)

Edgar