[argyllcms] Re: Blue Cast to Color Munki Profile

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 08:50:46 +1000

Alan Goldhammer wrote:
paper that has OBAs that I've seen.  Unfortunately, this leads to a blue
cast with the profile when viewed in Photoshop.

Hi,

My understanding is
that since CM is a UV-cut instrument the normal Argyll -f switch does not
work (though my assumption may be wrong).

Argyll's FWA compensation is based on measurement, so yes, it's only
of use with a UV capable instrument - ie. not the ColorMunki.

A standard test print with the CM Argyll generated profile turned out fine
in every respect and in some cases was superior to the CM profile that I had
been using (and far superior to the profile Ilford has on their website for
the Epson 3880.

If the profile does the right thing in representing the device behaviour,
evidenced by a suitable looking print, it's not clear to me why you say
there is a problem. Can you explain in a bit more detail ?