[argyllcms] Black&White Profiling Printing

  • From: Jose Pereira <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:07:39 +0100

Hello:

I'm trying to do a workflow  for black and white printing. I am using the
"print grey" option of targen:

targen -v -d0 -f90 BW-Profile
printtarg -v -iCM -a1.0  -pA4  BW-Profile
colprof -v BW-Profile

 But when I enter in colprof, I get the error:

³Error - Output device input file has unhandled color representation
'K_XYZ'²

I have read a previous answer about a similar problem:

³As noted in the documentation, Argyll doesn't currently handle more
than CMYK profiles.
Graeme Gill.²

OK!  but,  it is possible to do monochrome printing profiles?

what is the right way to create a print test chart for Black and White
profiling ?

Thanks

Jose Pereira