[argyllcms] Re: Black turning down problem - help!

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 09:55:02 +1100

Elena [service address] wrote:
just taken as maximals. But the K being monotonically increasing
(first derivative never being<0, put it this way) is something that
must be always granted - UNLESS (but this doesn't seem the case) the
specific K ink and paper combination actually causes density
decreasing after, let's say, and high value as 80% or 90%. It's
definitely not possible with the printing scheme I use. I would have
limited it at linearization stage, if so.

No, this doesn't follow at all. Along the neutral axis, grey can
be made up of a wide range of CMYK values. There is nothing
to stop a light grey being made up of little K and lots of CMY,
while a slightly darker grey is made up of lots of K and little CMY.