[argyllcms] Re: Black turning down problem - help!

  • From: Elena [service address] <1007140@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 19:09:48 +0100

Hello Graeme

On  7-Jan-2011, Graeme Gill wrote:

> I doubt the K value is at all limited. Given the device behaviour
> and maximum ink value, it simply have no need to use the maximum value.
> There is no intention to force K to be monotonic with respect to
> the L* value. K is whatever it needs to be to hit the target PCS
> value, within the limits imposed.

Ok, so let's assume the given -kp and -L parameters for colprof are
just taken as maximals. But the K being monotonically increasing
(first derivative never being <0, put it this way) is something that
must be always granted - UNLESS (but this doesn't seem the case) the
specific K ink and paper combination actually causes density
decreasing after, let's say, and high value as 80% or 90%. It's
definitely not possible with the printing scheme I use. I would have
limited it at linearization stage, if so.

> Without the .ti3 data in order to duplicate your results, I can't easily help
> you.

No problem:

 http://www.elenadomain.it/pub/argyll/ofps.ti3
 this is the first measurement made to
 targen -s21 -g21 -f1300 -L310
 and
 http://www.elenadomain.it/pub/argyll/ofps2.ti3
 this is the second iteration reading
 targen -s21 -g21 -f1300 -L310 -cofps1.icm

Thanks,
/&