[argyllcms] Re: Black point, gamma level

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:05:17 +1100

Simon Kirby wrote:

It turns out that new versions of all sorts of software lately seems to
be picking up the xicc tag within X, including gimp, ufraw, gqview, etc.

It depends what color engine they're using. A lot use lcms, and while
it's OK, it's not as fast as the Argyll imdi code, especially for 8 bit.
The software needs to be smart about caching links, and caching
converted rasters as well.

s/win/cal/ :)  I tried it and got a slightly different (though not really
noticeable) result.  .cal files attached.

Hmm - yes, they aren't much different. It made a slight difference on my MacBook
LCD display. It will need some more detailed looking into, and this is a bit
difficult right at the moment, since I'm on my way to CIC15 in Albuquerque.