[argyllcms] Re: Best Practices

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 22:09:28 -0400

Depends what you are managing. Inkjet printers are highly repeatable. So to
average few sheets should not get you higher accuracy.
Calibration in any workflow is completely optional. At any given point,
calibrating followed by profiling should not yield higher accuracy than
straight profiling. Give it a try to convince yourself. Why calibration?
Depends on the situation and the device. For monitors, it is a no brainer.
For printers, depending on the tools at your disposal, like printing through
a proofing RIP like Onyx Postershop or EFI Colorproof or ORIS ColorTuner,
calibration is a mandatory "pre-conditionning" stage.

Best / Roger