[argyllcms] Re: Bad gamut mapping from CMYK

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:48:19 -0700

On Aug 24, 2015, at 12:30 PM, Robert Hansen <robertdeanhansen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes it's a spectrophotometer. Great for profiling proofers and digital
printers but really slow for the display.

If you can justify the expense, the $230 is excellent value for the i1 Display
Pro. Otherwise...well, I haven't experimented with it, personally, but I'll bet
you a cup of coffee that some combination of Argyll with -q l or -q v plus a
few dozen patches will take about as much time as the X-Rite software but
produce superior results.

Or, if you don't need instant results, run colprof with -q h the last thing one
day, and, the next day, let dispread churn through a few thousand patches at
the end of the next day. Why not? It's not like it'll require any attention on
your part.

b&